Virginia Beach City Hosting First 'Senior Shootout' in July 2020
NORFOLK, Va. (Apr. 11, 2020) — Virginia Beach City FC will be hosting its first-ever 7v7 Senior Shootout in the summer, a tournament destined to provide Hampton Roads high school Seniors with the sendoff to college and their next endeavors of life that they deserve.
The VB City FC Senior Shootout will be held on July 25 and 26, where tournament proceeds will go to a scholarship fund for high school seniors.
Want To DONATE To The Cause? https://bit.ly/SeniorShootoutFundrasier
FULL RULES & DETAILS
- 7v7 (6v6 + GK) TOURNAMENT RULES (FIFA RULES APPLY IF NOT MODIFIED WITHIN)
- PLAYER REGISTRATION:
- All players must be registered on their teams’ registration form before the tournament begins. Any team or player determined by the event director to have falsified age or skill level will be dismissed from the tournament. Tournament Director has the right to combine ages or move teams up or down based on ability. All players must submit proof of age, ie: player pass, driver’s license or birth certificate, anything showing players official age
- Instructions: Every player will register individually, once you create an account you will need to locate the “VB City FC Senior Shootout 2020” registration and begin filling out all required information. All teams will need to create a team name that they would like to be entered into the tournament as if you do not have a team yet, we have a special tool that will allow you to be listed in as a “free agency.” You will be prompted to a question that requires you to list your team name or put in “free agency.” If you list yourself as a free agency and then find a team that you would like to play on you will need to email Jadyn Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org and she can switch you over to the correct team. We want everyone to have the opportunity to play!
- ROSTERS: All rosters are final upon the start of the tournament.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: TEN is the maximum number of players on a team; seven field players at one time. Players may only play on one team. 6v6 + GK. Substitutes may occur at any dead ball situation, but players must get the referee's attention and enter and exit at the half-field mark only.
- GENDER: No males will be allowed to participate in any female divisions. Females CAN play in male divisions.
- EQUIPMENT: All players must wear shin guards. Any player without shin guards will not be allowed to play. Teams are responsible for providing game balls.
- FIELD DIMENSIONS: Length - 45 yards, Width - 35 yards
- GOAL BOX: The goal box, 18 yards wide by 10 yards deep, is directly in front of the goal. No player may touch the ball within the goal box, however, any player may move through the goal box. Any part of the ball or player’s body on the line is considered in the goal box; the player is an extension of the box. An INFRACTION occurs if a defender touches the ball in the goal box, a penalty kick is awarded to the offensive team. If an offensive player touches the ball within the goal box, a goal kick is awarded to the defensive team. Habitual touches in the goal box MAY result with a Yellow Card given to the offending party. If the ball comes to a complete stop in the goal box, regardless of which team touched it last, a goal kick is awarded to the defensive team.
- GAME DURATION: The game shall consist of two 20 minute halves separated by a 5-minute halftime, OR the game ends when a team reaches a 10 goal lead. Group games tied after regulation play shall end in a tie. Playoff games cannot end tied.
- PLAYOFF OVERTIME: TEAMS WILL HAVE A 3 MINUTE “GOLDEN GOAL” OVERTIME PERIOD. If the score is still tied winner is decided by a shootout, with 3v3 penalties.
- GOAL SCORING: A goal may be scored from anywhere on the playing field, but not from a throw-in or kick-off.
- SCORING (IN GROUP PLAY): 3 points for a win; 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss. FORFEITS: A forfeit is scored as 4-0
- TIEBREAKERS: In Group play, ties between two or more teams will be broken by; 1) head to head results between tied teams; 2) goal difference in Group play; 3) fewest goals against in group play; 4) goals scored; 5) team shootout with entire rosters.
- NO OFFSIDES IN 7v7
- TEN YARD RULE: In all dead ball situations, defending players must stand ten yards away from the ball.
- THROW-INS: The ball shall be thrown in to play from the sideline.
- INDIRECT KICKS: There will be no indirect kicks unless the ball is passed from a teammate to their goalkeeper and goalkeeper uses hands.
- GOAL KICKS: May be taken anywhere inside the box.
- PUNTING: Keepers may not punt
- KICK OFF: May be taken in any direction. They are indirect.
- PENALTY KICKS: Shall be awarded if, in the referee’s opinion, a scoring opportunity was nullified by the infraction. If a goal is not scored and stays in boundaries, the ball becomes live.
- PLAYER EJECTION (YELLOW/RED CARD): Referees have the right to eject a player from the game for continual disobedience or as a result of an incident that warrants sending the player off. RED CARD suspension = Rest of game PLUS next game. Tournament Director may eject a player for the rest of the tournament. Teams still play with 5 on the field.
- FORFEITS: A forfeit shall be scored as 4-0.
- SPORTSMANSHIP: Players, coaches and spectators are expected to act in the nature of good sportsmanship at all times. Abuse of the referees will not be tolerated. Any instance of such conduct will disqualify the responsible team from the event. SITUATIONS THAT THESE RULES DO NOT ADDRESS ARE THE DECISION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR.