The Virginia Beach City FC Academy is designed to prepare players for the highest levels of the game. Players will engage with professional staff in a comprehensive training program with a focus on growth as a player and a person. VB City FC is a member of US Club Soccer which allows youth soccer clubs to participate in the National Premier Leagues (NPL), sanctioned tournaments, and elite level state, regional, and national competitions. Supported by the U.S. Soccer National Teams, allowing players to be scouted and evaluated by U.S. Soccer National Staff and Technical Advisors, US Club Soccer provides the top level of competition in the country. Other elite clubs including Major League Soccer Academy systems utilize US Club Leagues and Competitions to help provide meaningful games and development opportunities for their players.
• 10 month developmental and identification program for age groups U9 to U18 – Boys and Girls.
• Team based appropriate match schedule and program.
• Minimum of three training sessions per week “in season” with practice locations held centrally in Hampton Roads.
• Minimum of three local tournaments (within 60 miles). Additional tournaments may be scheduled on a per team basis. (Tournaments are included in your fee schedule up to three a year. Teams requiring additional tournaments will need to cover the cost of the additional tournaments. Fees will be collected by the club and this will be done on a per team basis.)
• Highest level competition, coaching, and facilities with minimum standards.
• Clear player pathway from youth to professional.
• Exposure to U.S. National Team youth staff or scouts through PDP program and ODP.
• Connection with Virginia Beach City FC First Team players and coaches.
League and match decisions are made on an individual team basis to ensure an appropriate and challenging environment. The match environment can be a mix of league, tournament, and friendly play. Each team will have a tailored match environment to provide the players an appropriate environment as well as to provide families some relief from the travel expectations seen at most other establishment clubs.
- Norfolk Collegiate School, Norfolk, VA - Two (2) lighted artificial turf fields.
- Virginia Wesleyan, Norfolk, VA - One (1) lighted artificial turf field
- Centerville Park, Chesapeake VA - Eleven (11) Bermuda grass fields
- Princess Anne Park, Virginia Beach VA - Eleven (11) Bermuda grass fields
- Deep Creek Park, Chesapeake, VA - Four (4) Bermuda grass fields, two lighted.
|Age||Membership Deposit||Membership Payment Plan|
|U9-U10||$250 - June 1||$150 - Paid Monthly, July 1 - January 1|
|U11-U18||$250 - June 1||$200 - Paid Monthly, July 1 - January 1|
• Michael Nelson selected in the 2016 MLS Draft by Seattle Sounders FC.
• Syndey Rivera selected in the 2015 MLS Draft by Orlando City SC.
• NPSL Player Combine Selections, scouted by Major League Soccer (MLS) and North American Soccer League (NASL) organizations, 2015 and 2016.
• NPSL Player Peter Pearson, wins NCAA I National Championship with University of Virginia (UVA), 2014.